Coffee Musings Under the Maple Tree (Part 18)

 

 


Coffee Musings Under the Maple Tree

(Part 18)

January 11, 2024

 

·        I cut my wings, so no one knew that I wanted to fly. I always smile so no one notices the tears in my heart.

 

·        Is destiny for real? Or everything is a choice? What is most essential? To choose what makes us happy? Or just to go where the wind blows?

 

·        Ignore me. Block me. Delete me. You can do all those things for me. But you cannot deny that you were loved by me; you were cared for by me; you were valued by me. And that no one else had ever done those things to you the way that I did.

 

·        Never allow the weight of the heartbreak of yesterday to slow you down. Leave it on the side of the road and journey with ease and smiles in your heart on the way to a joyful tomorrow.

 

·        I will not search. I will not chase. I will wait. God provides.

 

·        Sometimes we need to lose something or someone we consider as very important to discover what really matters in our life.

 

·        Oftentimes, we realize the importance of something or someone when we no longer have them in our life. So sad but true.

 

·        As the waves keep on rushing and returning to the shore, so does true love that we deny having for someone.

 


·        It’s 3 in the morning. I was awoken not by a frightening nightmare nor by a pleasant dream. But by a flood of memories, I was trying to forget. I stayed awake, afraid to remember again the reasons for my broken heart.

 

·        Lost in an abandoned gaze.

At three in the morning, the mind is in a haze.

Yesterday’s dream dissipated like a mist.

Trying to cling on to the little hope for a life of bliss.

 

·        There I was standing on the ship’s bow looking at the vast ocean under a starless night sky. Everything seemed hopeless until another ship passed by. There I saw you at the ship’s bow waving like wanting to get my attention. I waved back. For a while, there was hope as I felt that I was not alone on that lonely night. Yet, it was only temporary as the two ships were just passing by each other through the night. Still, the experience left a lasting mark that despite the seeming hopelessness of a dark night, there will always be somebody out there who will give us a wave of hope.

 


Acknowledgments:

 

-      https://www.dreamstime.com/stock-photo-laptop-smart-phone-notebook-coffee-cup-laptop-smart-phone-notebook-coffee-cup-workplace-table-image99661495

-      http://luluandlattes.com/2014/08/08/3am-august-6/

-      https://fineartamerica.com/featured/were-two-ships-that-pass-in-the-night-images-from-bruce-symington.html

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DELAYED “FLIGHT”: It’s All God’s Plan

Silence is Golden

CALLED TO BE HEALERS TO ONE ANOTHER